First a bit of context of various statements made by Preity regarding her FIR against Ness Wadia:
👉(Read Online eBook): Alimony and Maintenance under Hindu Law👈
may not be super wealthy and powerful but I have truth by my side and I’ve worked very hard all my life and tried to earn respect for myself as a self made professional.
It saddens me that no one at work or around ever stood up for me in the past when I was abused and insulted publicly. This time I was left with no option but to take this stern step as this incident happened in front of way too many people.
Sometimes we are so ashamed and humiliated that we fool ourselves to believe that no one saw what happened .
Everyone always looks away as if they don’t exist or then we don’t exist. People are embarrassed just enough to look away, but not too embarrassed to intervene.
I have worked for over 15 years in the film industry and have never been subject to such humiliating behaviour and for that I really want to thank all the men that worked with me. Through all our highs and lows my head was always held high.
Every human being has a limit to how much they can take; some of us foolishly call it strength and try to look ahead focusing on the positives of work and life.
All these years I have never said anything about him in the media but now I have no choice.
I humbly request the media and my supporters to pls focus on the issue and the incident that happened in Wankade and not turn this and me into a TV soap. This is not easy for me and my intention is not to harm anyone but simply to protect myself and to stand up for myself. I don’t want any sympathy from anyone but I will sincerely appreciate it if people do not try to take away my dignity in the process of my fight for respect at my workplace. I think after all these years I deserve it and I’m not asking for too much.
Though Preity tells everyone in media and her supporters to focus on the Wankhede stadium incident ONLY, she does mention “All these years I have never said anything about him in the media but now I have no choice.” Isn’t it confusing people? Pls decide whether this FIR is only about the stadium incident or all those years! Because saying it is about “all those years” is like casting aspersions on character of a man and misleading the people at the same time.
So given that Preity Zinta is being hailed as a non-nonsense professional woman actor who has made it on her own, and who will not compromise on her dignity, here are the 6 things (I wanted to make it 10 but hopefully readers will add the remaining 4 ) we don’t want to hear from Preity Zinta in future, when the dust settles down.
- We are happy to leave the past behind and have settled the matter out of court. (Oh really! What happened to dignity , and “I’m not asking for too much”)
- The whole things was a misunderstanding. (Like you filed the FIR, went abroad without recording statement with police, and then made your views public on Facebook etc.?)
- My lawyers misguided me and that’s how the FIR got filed! (Because you are illiterate?)
- Police did not do the investigation properly. (Oh really… If at some point of time you join politics, will you make police reforms a priority?)
- People who witnessed the incident didn’t speak in my favour because I am a woman.(They sure were not allergic to watching your movies knowing fully well you are a woman…).
- No one who witnessed spoke in my favour because basically we Indians live in a patriarchal society. (The same backward, patriarchal society where you made career as an actor and bought 23% stake in an IPL team?).
Else, we can only say, the following picture may throw some light on the sensibilities of the easily offendable!