I am giving list of books below by SIFF veterans as per their advice on SIFF group.
From SIFF (Jul09):
1. Thomson West Publications – Black’s Law Dictionary (8th. Edition) – By Bryan
A Garner – Rs. 3,170/ –
2. Universal Law Publishing Co Pvt Ltd. – Law of Adoption Minority Guardianship
and Custody (4th. Edition) – By Late Prof. Paras Diwan – Rs. 630/-
3. Universal Law Publishing Co Pvt Ltd. – Law of Affidavits (3rd. Edition) – By
S. Parameswaran – Rs. 350/-
4. Nabhi Publications – Legal Drafting for Layman – (1st. Edition) – Rs. 150/-
5. Asia Law House – Law of Contempt of Court (4th. Edition) – By Justice P.S.
Narayana – Rs. 450/-
Read my book on how to save on maintenance under CrPC 125 and DV Act. (Kindle eBook version) (Print Paperback version)
Download my free PDF eBook Surviving the Legal Jungle
Don't be a lone ranger... JOIN our Facebook group to connect
Read this FREE eBook written by fathers involved in child custody issues (Read Online)(PDF book)
6. Asia Law House – Criminal Pleadings and Practice (5th. Edition) – By Justice
P.S. Narayana – Rs. 275/-
7. Asia Law House – Civil Pleadings and Practice (5th. Edition) – By Justice
P.S. Narayana – Rs. 295/-
8. Professional Book Publishers – Code of Civil Procedure – Rs. 160/-
9. Professional Book Publishers – Criminal Manual with CrPC / IPC / IEA – By
Justice M.R. Mallick – Rs. 190/-
D. Arun Kumar, New Delhi
From SIFF (Jul09):
Crimnal Pleadings & Practices
> Civil Pleadings & Practices,
> Civil Procedure Code by Profesionals
> Criminal Manual by Professionals
> Marriage & Divorce Laws by Universals,
> Child Laws by Bhargwas Publications
> Swamy’s Handbook for Central Govt. Staff
> Advocate Act,
> Contempt of Court Act,
> Delhi Police Act
> Dowry Prohibition Act
> Limitation Act,
> Delhi Legal Service Authority Act,
> Delhi Police Punishment and Appeal Rules
> Prevention of Atrocities Act
> There are some books that I am willing to purchase and feels are good to refer
> Law of Torts
> IPC Commentary by Dhiraj Kumar
> Evidence Act Commentray by Dhiraj Kumar
> Hindu Law Commentary (preferable Mulla & Mulla)
> Vijay Naru
Hence my advise to all sufering members is that they should purchase the following BARE ACT (I hope one understand here ‘Bare’ doesn’t mean ‘nanga – nude’, it means ‘ONLY’) for their reference :
1] Civil Procedure Code, 1908 (Dont ask for 1908 edition he he he he…, it is the year of the Act when it was passed, purchase latest edition) – For all civil matters – divorce/DV are civil matters
2] Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 – For all criminal matters – S.125 (for maintenance) and other procedures in criminal cases
3] Indian Panel Code, 1860 – 498A, 406,34 are all IPC sections, to know about all other sections viz 323, 504 377 (?) etc.
4] Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 – S.24 (maintenance pendente lite), grounds for divorce etc.
5] Protection of Women from Domestic Violation Act, 2005 (effective from 26/10/2006) – for such sufferers.
The above are MINIMUM requirement (I am not agent for these books that I am recommending). Treat these as ‘MODERN GEETA/RAMAYAN/MAHABHARAT.
Members shall raise their querries after reading relevant parts in these books, then they will be obliging senior members as load will be reduced to at least some extent and useful/intelligent querries will be raised.